Peer Review Process
The Editorial Board needs to set a procedure for peer review process, contents including concise responsibilities of each editor during the process.
All manuscripts submitted to Acta Pedagogia Asiana undergo rigorous peer review.
- Initial submission is reviewed by in house editors to ensure adherence to policies of the journal.
- The editor-in-chief decides on the manuscript to be sent out for review process and assigns the manuscript to one of the associate/section editors according to the particular topic or directly chooses the reviewers from external with expertise in the relevant field/topic.
- After evaluations by the reviewers have been received, the editor-in-chief/section editor makes one of the following recommendations: accept, revise, resubmit for review, decline submisson. The editor-in-chief makes a final decision:
- Reviewers advise the editor in chief, who is responsible for the final decision to accept or reject the article. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board. Editor's decision is final.
- The originality and quality of the papers shall be evaluated based on the following categories:
Following peer review, the paper is judged not to be acceptable for publication in Acta Pedagogia Asiana and resubmission is not possible.
Resubmit for Review
The submitted version of the paper is not acceptable and requires major revision, but there is clear potential in the work, and Acta Pedagogia Asiana is prepared to consider a new version. Authors are offered the opportunity to resubmit their paper as a new submission. Concerns will remain regarding the suitability of the paper for publication until the editors are convinced by the authors that their paper fits the scope and standards of Acta Pedagogia Asiana. The resubmitted manuscript will be returned to the original associate editor if at all possible.
The paper requires changes before a final decision can be made. Authors are asked to modify their manuscript in light of comments received from referees and editors and to submit a new version for consideration within 2 weeks of receiving the decision letter. A point-by-point explanation of how comments have been addressed must be supplied with the revised version of the paper. Revisions may undergo further peer review and papers may undergo more than one round of revision. If the authors do not revise their papers to the satisfaction of the editors, the paper can still be declined from publication in Acta Pedagogia Asiana.
The paper is accepted for publication, subject to conditions that need to be addressed in producing a final version of the manuscript. These may include sub-editing changes and the minor amendment to ensure the paper fully matches our criteria. After final checking in the editorial office, acceptance is confirmed and the paper is forwarded to the publishers for publication.